Vacancy: Front-end web developer
OMFG we’re busy! We’ve been working on some amazing web products for some huge clients recently. It’s a ton of fun, but we’re exhausted!
If you want to help us design and build websites and applications for internationally recognised sporting events, world-class universities, ground-breaking mapping technology, award winning teaching products and more, we could do with another pair of hands.
We’re a creative team of eight web designers and developers, and we enjoy working on innovative, challenging, fun, and positive-impact projects that make a difference to businesses and to people. We care.
We're on the look-out for a brilliant web front-end developer/designer to help design and build websites, applications, and products with us.
In return for your support, we offer a great salary, a generous pension scheme, 25 days of holiday, and lots of fun, variety, and room for growth.
What will you be doing?
You will not be bored! You’ll be working on a wide range of challenging projects at any one time with responsibility for these and other tasks:
- Producing wireframes, prototypes and finished designs and communicating directly with clients about your ideas.
- Working closely with the project managers and developers to deliver the best possible projects for our clients
- Playing a key role as part of an agile project team
- Managing your time, your team, your manager, and the clients to make sure we deliver great results on time and on budget
Does this sound like you?
- Strong visual design skills and the ability to communicate your design ideas clearly and effectively to clients and your colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of user centred design methodologies
- Confident creating and developing prototypes, personas, wireframes, and final designs, and the ability to use take a crazy idea and turn it into something that works
- In-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and hopefully also SASS
- A mobile-first approach to design and front-end implementation
- Ability to produce responsive sites that are well tested and look great across a range of browsers and devices
- Able to demonstrate your skills through a strong portfolio
- An enthusiasm for learning new skills and continuous improvement
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and self-manage your workload
- An almost annoying attention to detail
- A sense of fun
How about these nice-to-haves?
- A relevant higher level degree
- Experience of creating sites using Drupal or Wordpress
- You’ve worked with Sketch or similar tools
- You know how to optimise websites for performance and speed
- You’ve worked in an agile team before now, and know what that means
- You’re used to using version control systems such as Git or SVN
- You know how to make a good cup of tea
This is a permanent role based in our Kidlington office, but if you're after part-time hours, that's great! It might suit a freelancer too.
Interested? Drop us a note to email@example.com, including a CV and a cover letter explaining why we're a good fit.
No agencies, thanks!