Award winning organisation seeks outstanding organiser
We create next-generation software and web platforms with world-class design and UX. We do this for startups, scale-ups and large corporate clients across all industries.
Our in-house design and development teams work on crazy-exciting projects with all of the latest hashtags - #AI, #MachineLearning, #Voice, #IoT, #FOMO.
Due to expansion we're now looking for an extra Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst to help us define and deliver more outstanding projects to new and existing customers.
About the role
As the bridge between our clients and design, development, and sales teams this role is critical to our success. You'll gather, expand and capture requirements from our customers, then work with the rest of the team to deliver the perfect solution on time and on budget. You'll be keeping our customers happy to ensure we can continue to build fantastic products, profitably.
Your primary aim is to help our team understand customer needs, and deliver them successfully. A typical week for you might include:
- Meeting clients and Versantus colleagues to understand and capture technical and non-technical requirements. This might take the form of a sit down meeting, or a large group workshop where you will facilitate discussion, idea creation and decision making. Some of these will be on-site at customer offices around the UK, some in our offices, and some over a video call
- Analysing, expanding and writing up these requirements as clear user stories in our project management software, Jira
- Working with your teams to explore and estimate new work, identify risks and agree a workable schedule, then reporting back to the business development team and to your client
Running your projects
We're an honest, likeable team of experts and your job is to empower and facilitate so that your teams can work their magic. Communication is key if your projects are going to run smoothly.
- Daily standups with your project teams to review progress, agree next steps and identify any blockers that you can help with.
- "Show and tell" demos of work in progress. Typically done every two weeks at the end of a "sprint", these are a great opportunity to share what the team has done and to capture more detail about your customer's requirements, or to look for improvements. You'll then need to manage any changes and agree any impact on the project budget, schedule and priorities
- Regular email and phone call updates to your clients so that they never need to ask "where are we up to?"
- Updating Jira and other systems to keep the project moving and to make sure priorities are clear and that your team have what they need when they need it
- Liaising with other internal and external stakeholders to keep everything running smoothly, and escalating issues to the senior team at Versantus as needed
- Negotiating and coordinating with your colleagues to share and balance our workload across a wide range of projects, and identifying short- and long-term resource plans so that the right experts are available when we need them
- Answering questions about requirements, priorities, schedules, processes, technology, new ideas, and much (much) more.
You'll be an experienced project manager, client manager, account manager, business analyst or have relevant technical experience and a desire to move into a new coordinating role:
- A demonstrable track record of delivering successful digital projects within a busy, multi-project, multi-disciplinary agency setting
- A love of technology and the opportunities and challenges it brings, with a desire to build exciting, innovative and challenging products that benefit our customers and their users
- Superb communication skills, and the confidence to work closely with people across all levels of our clients' business, using audience-appropriate language to ensure a common understanding. You'll be able to build strong, meaningful relationships with our customers and the rest of the team
- The ability to listen, understand, question, challenge and negotiate, and to extract technical and non-technical project requirements from our customers and our expert team. You'll then organise these into a clearly defined set of User Stories that are meaningful to all parties
- Experience of owning a project budget, schedule and scope, working with all stakeholders to ensure there are no surprises and that projects are delivered on time, and on budget, and that they meet our high standards of quality
- The spidey-senseTM to see opportunities to sell more, working with the rest of the team to generate proactive ideas that will deliver value to your customers
- A desire to keep on learning, and the confidence to use your expertise to constantly innovate and improve how we do things at Versantus
These would also help
- Experience with Agile software development processes (specifically Scrum)
- Experience of web development platforms and tools, including any or all of the following buzzwords: PHP, Jira, Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Drupal), APIs and integrations, E-commerce, User-focused design, Apps, Voice interfaces, Artificial Intelligence, or Machine Learning. Phew.
In return for your hard work, we offer a great working environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, 25 days holiday, and a company pension scheme.
Interested? Drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV and a cover letter explaining why we're a good fit.No agencies, thanks!