Are you the Drupal specialist we're looking for?
3 month contract, with opportunities to extend or switch to permanent. Full or part-time (4 days minimum) in Oxford and remote. £200 - £300 per day dependent on experience.
At Versantus, we create next-generation software and web platforms with world-class design and UX. We do this for businesses of all shapes and sizes, including world-leading brands and businesses that you experience every day.
Our in-house design and development teams work on crazy-exciting projects with all of the latest hashtags - #AI, #MachineLearning, #Voice, #IoT, #LOL.
- We don't do boring websites, and some of our recent projects built with Drupal include:
- An electric vehicle charging platform, including an app that lets you charge a bus in Manchester if you so desire
- An Alexa skill that will tell you if your dog has eaten too much chocolate, and what to do if it has (tip: don't let your dog eat any non-doggy chocolate)
- A traffic sign management system that allows councils to keep traffic flowing smoothly
- An e-commerce store for a billion-dollar company
- A business-friendly chatbot that uses Natural Language Processing to improve response
As a busy agency, we work on dozens of projects at the same time, and although we specialise in high-quality Drupal websites and applications, you'll be exposed to a wide range of other technology including Wordpress, Laravel, React, Ruby, and more. If you love to plan and build websites and applications with some great opportunities to “geek out”, then we might be right for each other.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced and talented Drupal (7,8,9) developer that can take abstract requirements and mould them into a perfectly formed website or application. Working with your colleagues in our sales, project management, design and development teams, you'll be planning, building and supporting websites, integrations and complex web applications, often working to very challenging deadlines in an agile environment.
A typical week for you might include
- Planning! Analysis and documentation of requirements and potential solutions, discussions with your colleagues to identify solutions that fit
- Coding! Building great software and websites using the right tool for the job. Drupal website development will including significant custom development and integrations with 3rd-party applications
- Testing! We use a range of tools, including behat for automated tests alongside the Jenkins CI platform
- Supporting! Of course you'll create bug-free software, but not everyone does, and so sometimes a little extra TLC is needed. You'll help our customers find and squash bugs
You'll have at least 5 years of software development experience using Drupal 7 and 8. You'll know the Drupal APIs like the back of your hand, and will be comfortable creating high quality and well-documented bespoke code.
You'll be a great communicator - both speaking and writing - and be willing and able to lead the conversation and generate ideas. You'll be able to quickly understand complex problems, and through thoughtful questioning help our team reach positive solutions. You'll be comfortable working with technical and non-technical people alike.
You'll be a team player, encouraging feedback on your own work, and loving to help others. Learning is important to us, and although you're an expert you will be eager to keep developing your own skills and helping others to develop their own. Your job is to help your team deliver outstanding results, and you'll go out of your way to succeed.
You'll have great attention to detail, be well organised and fantastic at managing your precious time. You will often be working on multiple projects, and helping the project managers to organise your time to meet conflicting schedules will be important.
You'll be thoughtful, proactive, and aware of the opportunities and risks that come with enterprise software development. You'll help your team prepare for the future and avoid common pitfalls.
No agencies, thankyou